PC Meeting – Oct 2016 Agenda & Sept Minutes

Agenda for Tuesday 18th October 2016 & Approved Minutes for 20th September 2016

 

These are the Approved minutes from the Parish Council meeting held on 20th September 2016, and the agenda for the next meeting due to be held on Tuesday 18th October 2016.

PDF Version

Chalgrave Parish Council


CHALGRAVE PARISH COUNCIL
MRS. L. J. SMITH
CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
4 HOME FARM, TEBWORTH, LEIGHTON BUZZARD, BEDFORDSHIRE LU7 9QD
Tel: 01525 874716. email: chalgravepc@btinternet.com

THE NEXT MEETING OF CHALGRAVE PARISH COUNCIL WILL BE HELD ON
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18th, 2016 at 7.30pm AT CHALGRAVE MEMORIAL HALL.
Lesley Smith, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. OPEN FORUM
3. TO AMEND, APPROVE AND SIGN MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 20th, 2016
MEETING
4. SPECIFIC DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
5. POLICE MATTERS
6. REPORT from WARD COUNCILLOR MARK VERSALLION
7. REPORT from ALL SAINTS CHURCH, CHALGRAVE
8. MATTERS ARISING FROM SEPTEMBER 20th, 2016 MINUTES
9. POINTS RAISED from AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2016 CORRESPONDENCE
10. SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2016 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
11. ACCOUNTS-a) Cheques for Signature
12. TO DISCUSS TEBWORTH POND
13. TO DISCUSS PERMANENT SPEED SIGNS
14. COMMITTEE REPORTS
15. HIGHWAYS ISSUES
16. ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA
17. TIME AND DATE OF NEXT MEETING

MINUTES

of the Meeting of Chalgrave Parish Council held on Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 at
Chalgrave Memorial Hall, Tebworth at 7.30pm.
Present: Cllr. Ken Green; Cllr. Debbie Levy; Cllr. Barbara Jackson; Cllr Paul Whitton; Ward Councillor
Mark Versallion; Lesley Smith-Clerk.
Public present: 1
Committees
Planning        Cllr Levy-Chair     877149
Footpaths      Cllr Green-Chair  874107    Cllr Jackson 877617
Website         Cllr Green            874107    Cllr Wells 877098
Speed Watch Cllr Wells-Chair   877098
Responsibilities
Cllr Parry Highways liaison       07831605600
Cllr Ludgate Police liaison         07768606968
Cllr Whitton Fly tipping Buses    07808174843
Cllr Jackson Tebworth Pond Defibrillator 877617
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Kevin Ludgate; Cllr. Phil Parry; Cllr Mike Wells; Mr. Steve Calder-All Saints Church
2. MINUTES OF August 16th, 2016 MEETING
The minutes of the August 16th, 2016 meeting were amended, approved and signed as correct by the
chairman.
3. SPECIFIC DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.
4. REPORT FROM WARD COUNCILLOR VERSALLION
a) Tebworth Pond. A resident of Tebworth has submitted a letter to the Central Bedfordshire lawyer
about Tebworth Pond and Cllr Versallion has been invited to comment by the lawyer. Both Cllr
Versallion and Andrew Selous MP have replied to another letter that the resident had sent them. Cllr
Green read out the letter that the PC sent to the resident asking them to remove the fence and rope.
He then asked Cllr Versallion if CBC can do anything about removing them. A long discussion followed
after which Cllr Versallion suggested getting a lawyer to establish ownership.
b) Street Lamp, Toddington Road. The street lamp outside 23 Toddington Road still has not been
connected to the electricity supply. Clerk to contact HW.
Clerk
c) Cllr Green commented that the services from HW have deteriorated since Ringway Jacobs took on the
contract. Cllr Versallion agreed there have been problems and suggested the PC keeps sending
complaints letters to CBC.
d) Queen’s Head Meeting: September 19th, 2016. Cllr Green thanked Cllr Versallion for attending the
public meeting. He referred to a possible Change of Use application. Cllr Levy had previously
investigated how difficult it would be to obtain change of use from a pub to a domestic dwelling given
that the pub is a Community Asset. According to government guidelines it is up to the local planning
authority to decide whether a Community Asset is a consideration if an application for change of use
is submitted.
5. POLICE MATTERS
a) Crime Report July 2016. No reported crimes. An incident occurred on Hockliffe Road in August. Clerk
to investigate.
Clerk
b) PCC’s Police and Crime Plan Survey. Results from the recent survey in correspondence.
c) Community Engagement Evening: September 14th, 2016. The Power Point presentations from the
evening are in correspondence.
d) 999 Calls. Bedfordshire Police have been receiving an increased number of non-emergency calls on
the 999 number. A reminder and request to the public to use 101 unless it is an emergency. In
correspondence.
6. REPORT FROM ALL SAINTS CHURCH
a) Rector’s Departure. Rev. Anne Crawford, takes her final service on October 16th, 2016 at All Saints
Church at 9.30am followed by a final service at St Georges, Toddington at 11am. Rev Crawford’s
inaugural service takes place on November 16th, 2016 in Richmond upon Thames. Mr Calder has
arranged to take 16 parishioners to that service, which starts at 19 30.
b) Roof Repair. The church has finally received its Faculty letter of approval from St Albans. However it
is only for the North Roof not both. The PCC has gone back to the architect to get both cleared for
repair.
c) Events
• Ian and Christine Smith are renewing their vows at a service in All Saints on the 15th of October
and the wedding of Victoria Constance and Brian Cronin on the 22nd of October.
• The last PCC meeting with Rev Crawford is on Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 at the Rectory at
7pm.
d) Works at All Saints.
• The tower will be repaired before winter
• A second temporary roof has been put in place on the south side. The church is now watertight.
• The sit on mower has been replaced.
• All Saints thanked Chalgrave Parish Council for its continued support by contributing to the up
keep of the grounds by giving a grant of £350 for 2016.
• There was a funeral today at All Saints for Archie Smith.
• Two weddings took place in July. Two more took place in August.
• Sunday service at 9 30am with tea and biscuits at 10.45am.
7. MATTERS ARISING FROM August 16th, 2016 MINUTES
a) Bus Services. Cllr Green has contacted the Public Transport Officer, Dave Streeton, at CBC again about
the bus service for Wingfield and Tebworth. Mr Streeton could not promise anything at the moment.
b) Town and Parish Councils Forum: September 13th, 2016 Cllr Green attended the meeting and raised
several questions including one about CBC consultations. There will be further forums.
c) Defibrillator. Cllr Jackson has received the fridge magnets which show details of how to use VETS.
These will be delivered to Chalgrave households along with an explanatory note on how to use them.
Ongoing. BJ
d) Noticeboards. Refurbishing ongoing. Subject to the Tebworth noticeboard being satisfactory the
contractor will finish the one at Hill Close. Ongoing.
Clerk
e) CPRE: Development on Greenbelt. Recently CPRE asked the PC to write to the local MP to persuade
the government to rethink its proposed plan to build on Greenbelt land. The letter has been sent to
Mr. Selous but no response yet. Clerk to follow.
Clerk
f) Featherbed Lane. The clerk has contacted Building Control at CBC, which is responsible for street
naming. She will investigate why there are instances online where the lane is called New Barn Farm
Lane. Ongoing.
Clerk
g) Parish ‘Walkabout’-Grass Cutting. CBC has responded to a query from Cllr Green about grass cutting
in the parish, particularly at the junction of Chalgrave Road and the A5120. Cllr Levy said that the grass
at the junction of Tebworth Road and Lords Hill still had not been cut and visibility was poor when
attempting to turn right. Clerk to contact HW.
Clerk
Stanbridge and Villages Focus Group. No one could attend the meeting on August 30th, 2016. Cllrs
felt it was enough for the time being to receive the minutes and information from the group.
Queen’s Head Pub. Andrew Selous MP has sent a letter supporting the parish’s efforts to keep the
pub open.
Vehicle Activated Sign (VAS); Toddington Road. Cllr Whitton said that engineers would examine the
sign tomorrow to see what needs to be done. Ongoing.
8. POINTS RAISED on JULY/AUGUST 2016 CORRESPONDENCE
No points raised.
9. AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2016 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
a) St Mary’s Phone Box. A notice has been posted on the phone box that BT would remove it unless
there were objections, which need to be submitted by October 10th, 2016. Cllrs were concerned about
losing the facility to make 999 calls. Cllr Green will speak to the residents of the close to find out if
they use the box. The clerk will contact BT to find out how many calls, including 999 calls, had been
made over the past few years.
KG; Clerk
b) Wingfield Festival of Britain Sign. The clerk reported that the sign was damaged and needs repair. Cllr
Whitton will investigate.
PW
c) Parish Council Computer. Councillors agreed to repairs to the parish council computer. Clerk
d) BATPC: Toddington Motion. Toddington PC is putting forward a motion about Double Devolution at
the BATPC AGM on October 26th, 2016. Jim Gledhill, chairman of Toddington PC has asked Chalgrave
PC to second the motion. KG will forward Cllr Gledhill’s message to cllrs for consideration. A vote for
or against seconding the motion to be taken.
KG
e) BATPC: Local Government Financial Settlement for 2017/18. Technical Consultation. Information
from NALC. Consultation ends October 28th, 2016. In correspondence.
f) CBC: Partnerships, Community and Engagement Team; Planning Training. Invitation to attend one of
three training sessions. Cllrs Levy, Cllr Green and the clerk may attend.
KG; DL; Clerk
g) CBC: Local Plan Consultation. Survey available on the CBC website. Closing date is November 1st, 2016.
h) HW: Road Closures. 2 scheduled closures between Roslyn Way, Houghton Regis to the rear of the
Red Lion pub:
• 08.00 Monday October 10th-18.00 Friday October 21st, 2016
• 08.00 Monday October 31st-18.00 Friday December 2nd, 2016 In correspondence
i) HW England: A5 road closure. Woburn Road Hockliffe to Sheep Lane roundabout. Friday September
16th and September 17th, 2016 between 20.00 and 06.00. Depending on progress the road may be
closed on Friday 23 and Saturday 24th, 2016 between 20.00 and 06.00. In correspondence.
j) Tesco: Bags of Help Grant Scheme. Applications for grants to fund voluntary and community
organisations. In correspondence.
k) BATPC: Training Programme. In correspondence.
l) London Green Belt Council. AGM November 23rd, 2016. Details in correspondence.
m) East of England Strategic Road Study. Report of the 3rd meeting of the Stakeholder Reference Group
July 2016 in correspondence.
n) Bedfordshire Bugle. September Newsletter and autumn training programme in correspondence.
o) HW England. Newsletter on the A5-M1 link in correspondence.
p) Clerks and Councils Direct. September 2016 edition in correspondence.
q) Leighton Buzzard Library. Theatre programme in correspondence.
10. ACCOUNTS
a) Cheques for Signature. The following cheques have been approved and signed:Chq No 989 BDO LLP External audit fee £120.00
Chq No 990 Chalgrave Memorial Hall Poppy Day wreath for the PC £17.00
Chq No 991 Countryside Contracts Sleeper installation-Tebworth Pond £1632.00
Chq No 992 Barbara Jackson Magnets-VETS Scheme £35.00
Chq No 993 Lesley Smith Clerk’s salary + expenses: Aug/Sept 2016 £510.32
Chq No 994 HMRC Clerk’s PAYE £210.80
Chq No 995 Lesley Smith Office accommodation + materials for pond
maintenance £188.68
Chq No 996 CPRE Annual membership 2016/17 £36.00
Chq No 997 Land Registry Fee for Possessory Title of pond & surrounding area £40.00
Total £2789.98
b) Clerk’s Salary. The PC agreed to pay the clerk for a further 18 hours during August and September
due to extra administrative work.
11. TEBWORTH POND
a) Fenced off Area. The PC is waiting for a response from the person responsible for erecting a fence and
rope on the area surrounding the pond to remove them. Ongoing.
b) Pond Maintenance The pond has become overgrown with a pond weed which needs to be removed.
The willow trees by the roadside also need cutting back. Cllr Whitton will speak to the Tree and
Landscape Officer at CBC to find out the best way to carry this out.
PW
c) Retrospective Planning Permission for Pollarding the Willows. The Tree and Landscape Officer has
granted Retrospective planning permission for the pollarding.
d) Newly Seeded Area. The PC thanked Cllr Whitton for seeding and maintaining the area between the
bench and pond.
12. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a) Planning
Lane Farm, The Lane, Tebworth. The recent application was a pre-planning application to determine
whether the buildings are suitable for development. Cllr Green commented that the PC were unable
to respond and comment on this application. Cllr Green proposed, seconded by Cllr Levy, that the PC
asks CBC to inform it of any PAAD applications in the parish. Unanimously resolved.
Clerk
b) Speedwatch
Two speed watches took place last month. Cllr Green said that speeding on Hockliffe Road is bad. Cllr
wells will try again to obtain a site on the road to set up Speedwatch.
MW
c) Footpaths
i. Fence and Stiles. Repairs still ongoing.
ii. FP Survey. Not completed yet. Ongoing.
d) Website
i. There is a link to the ‘Save The Queen’s Head’ campaign is on the website.
13. PERMANENT SPEED SIGNS
Discussion deferred until the next PC meeting due to Cllr Wells’ absence.
14. HIGHWAYS ISSUES
Already discussed.
15. ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON NEXT AGENDA
Pond; Speed signs.
16. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 at 7.30pm.
Meeting closed at 21.15

%d bloggers like this: